Today's property is a short sale in San Clemente that offers a fairly unusual deal - a parcel of land to go with your new house.
136 El Levante, 92672
Asking price: $699,000
Asking price/ sq ft: $318
Purchase price: $925,000
Purchase date: 7/28/04
Size: 3 beds, 2 baths, 2,200 sq ft (built in 1956)
MLS: S560324 (59 days on Redfin)
ZipRealty price tracker: Price Reduced: 03/03/09 -- $799,000 to $699,000
Zillow Zestimate: $814,500
Type: Single Family Residence
Style: Spanish
Stories: 1
Lot size: 8,085 Sq. Ft.
From listing: Ocean views from the master, kitchen and living room. Redesigned by Chris Able, Award Winning Architect. This single level home features hardwood floors, open beam cathedral ceilings, 3 skylights, gourmet kitchen w/ sile stone counters & stainless steel appliances. Living rm, family rm, dining rm & kitchen are greatroom style. The master bath has a newly renovated retro-style bath w/ a claw-foot tub. Panoramic ocean and canyon views from the family rm, kitchen and master bedroom. Enjoy outdoor dining on your 1100 sq.ft. deck while watching the waves break off of Seal Rock. From the front patio you can watch amazing sunsets and catch the 4th of July Firework show at the pier. Only a 5 minute walk to downtown San Clemente & 15 minutes more to the Pier; you can attend all the events on Del Mar Avenue without worrying about finding place to park. No HOA or Mello Roos. Bonus!!!adjacent 7,425 sq.ft. parcel of land APN #057-102-40 is included in this purchase
View Larger Map
What would you like to do with your new land? Build a huge guest house? Think about how you could extend the current house onto the new lot to create a gargantuan McMansion? Or, let it sit for now and start saving up for property taxes?
A previous listing told us the architect is award-winning and a "Frank Lloyd Wright admirer." Now, we know it's Chris Able.
Assuming the property can be sold for the current asking price, the loss would be $267,940, including 6% sales costs. If we don't factor in sales costs, it would mean a depreciation of 24%.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Buy house, get a lot free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
OK, this is pretty much my dream house. I'd build secret forts for my kids on the adjacent parcel. Too bad we don't have a household income of $250k or so per year.
Do you have some special tunneling tool? How do you make secret forts in a 1/10th acre square parcel?
If that is your dream, don't be a retard about it.
Wow, aren't you a nice person insulting me anonymously. The adjacent lot is over 7,000 square feet according to the listing. Secret forts for children are rarely bigger than 10'x10', so I'm betting they'll fit somewhere.
I guess I just don't understand how saying this is a dream house (which I will probably never own) is being retarded, but maybe you just think dreams are stupid. I hope you're feeling happier today.
I have to agree with colleeeen ( hope I got all the e's in there). This is about my dream house too. Love the design, location, etc. Not sure what to do with the lot, but I'm sure we would manage.
I've been thinking that perhaps a silver lining to being stuck in a tiny (old, falling down, pain in the ass) condo with a growing family during a housing boom, may be all the old, but remodeled houses that come onto the market in the end. I can hope, can't I? (Anon, no need to comment.)
I saw the neighborhood and I believe the lot is on a pretty steep decline behind the home...pretty useless unless maybe you plant some fruit trees or grape vines. And the home seems nice sized, but only a one-car garage...kind-of-a deal killer for me at that price.
Post a Comment