Monday, June 09, 2008

Does this get your heart racing?

Check out the listing description of this Laguna Hills home on Clarington Drive and let us know what you think of the agent's "personals ad" approach...

Description: LONELY SINGLE, LOOKING FOR LOVE. I am a single family, single level home dreaming of a full time committed relationship with a loving, dedicated, generous owner! Yes, I'm a bit older, but I have great bones and a lot of upgrades: all my floors are high quality laminate, my kitchen has been completely redone and the master bathroom tub/shower is gorgeous. I have a lovely, flowing floor plan and a beautiful pool& spa & gazebo in my back yard. I'm located across the street from a wonderful neighborhood park and am an easy walk to all sorts of shops, transportation and medical offices. I do have a few problems, (don't we all have a few problems as we age?) but will be a faithful adoring companion, sheltering and comforting you for a long time. Just a bit of an investment in some cosmetic surgery and I can be a trophy home.

Hey, apparently it did the trick (or, more likely, the price was right), because this home has now moved into the "backup offers accepted" phase. Will this spark a new trend? Hope not.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The price combined with the new kitchen probably were too tempting to resist! Someone should be happy with that home at that price. Hope it is a nice family.

Anonymous said...

nice house, a hundred grand over priced but nice!

Anonymous said...

Went by this house yesterday. It's a bit out of my range, but I was in the area and laughed out loud at the listing, so I popped by. Great looking house in a nice neighborhood. If it was 100 grand less, I would have snapped it up in an instant!

Anonymous said...

"Backup offers accepted" is code for "nobody is interested in this piece of garbage".

Realtors are 100% full of shit 100% of the time.

Anonymous said...

definatly over priced, but at lease these people wasted their heloc money on home improvements...

-BKrazy

Anonymous said...

I looked at the pictures and while I liked the pool and the kitchen the entry and light wood floors mixed with dark wood bookcases was odd. Even creepier was the hillside full of rat infested ivy. I can't stand ivy and that steep hillside has another home teetering above it. The nice kitchen doesn't make up for those other flaws.

colleeeen said...

Compared to most of the descriptions for houses I look at, this is Pulitzer Prize-winning writing. The thing is, I will remember this house because of the listing, not because of the price (which is still too high for me).

Anonymous said...

Avtom's comment suggests that the writing probably brought a few extra buyers through who wouldn't have otherwise and that's exactly the point of a listing.