Here is some data we pulled off Trulia.com on the number of home sales in South OC areas. Totals are at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
FYI: The "change from previous period" column means the difference between the June-August '07 numbers and the March-May '07 numbers. YOY stands for year over year. The YOY percent change in the final row (area totals) is an average of percent changes for all the areas. Link to the spreadsheet here.
Some quick notes on what the data are telling us:
- The number of houses sold during the past three months, when compared to both the previous three months and same period one year ago, is down virtually across the board in South OC. The two exceptions are: Laguna Beach (year-over-year increase of 4 properties sold) and San Clemente (year-over-year increase of 9 properties sold). Total difference between the number of properties sold in June-August 2007 compared to June-August 2006: -373.
- Ladera Ranch saw the greatest year-over-year decline (percentage wise) in number of property sales (9 in the past three months, compared with 22 during the same period in 2006 - a decline of 59 percent). Aliso Viejo had the largest year-over-year decline in the total number of sales (171 in the past 3 months, 248 in the same three-month period a year ago - a difference of 77). Aliso also had the largest drop in number of sales between the past three months and March-May 2007 (-87).
- Mission Viejo was the area that had the greatest number of properties sell (480) in the past three months. No surprise considering it's the most populous part of South OC.


4 comments:
This is a great blog, keep it up.
Couple of things:
1.) definitely get your own domain name!
2.) It would be helpful if in your history for a property, you put sold, reduced, for sale, etc before the price.
Appreciate the comments - look for a better domain name coming in the not-too-distant future.
I just found your site (listed on Bubble Markets Inventory Tracking).
It looks good. I've seen 'em all.
Keep it up.
It was really interesting to know this info. Thanks. I want to share my findings with you. I've once visited real estate website Fizber and now I visit it every time I need some information on the topic of real estate.
Post a Comment